If you are installing solar PV or a heat pump, we strongly recommend you consider battery storage at the same time.
With the birth of smart tariffs you can save even more by buying cheap off-peak electricity and selling when demand is high with electricity suppliers such as Octupus energy’s Go and Agile Tarif.
With home batteries, you can store your excess solar energy to use when the sun goes down - or in a power cut.
When battery storage is installed at the same time as solar PV, the VAT rate applying to the solar PV installation will also apply to the battery storage system (which may be the lower rate 5%). Furthermore, there is a saving to be made by purchasing an all-in-one inverter / charger. Overall, savings of over £1,000 can be made by installing battery storage at the same time as solar, rather than retro-fitting storage at a later date.
Tesla Power Wall.
- It is the only battery that is liquid thermal cooled ( improves battery lifespan )
- It offers the highest storage capacity with 100% depth of charge.
- 5Kw continuous output power (7Kw peak)
- AC coupled for flexibility of install.
- It is the most affordable battery storage system in terms of cost per kWh.
- It has simple intuitive controls via the app
- Scalability – up to 10 Powerwalls providing 135 kWhs of storage and 50kw power output
- Smart tariff enabled
- It is completely automated system that requires no maintenance
- Works with Eddi Solar Immersion Controller
- GSM Ltd are Tesla approved installers.