With Water source heat pumps, groundwater is abstracted at ambient temperature from the ground via a submersible pump, passed through a plate heat exchanger coupled to the heat pump before being re-injected back into the ground or discharged at the surface.
GSM Ltd have carried out numerous water source heat pump installations utilising boreholes and lakes, they offer a great alternative to traditional horizontal slinky systems, especially when land constraints are present.
We have a solid working relationship with BA hydro, our Geohydrologist team, to ensure that the system delivers the best performance.
What energy sources can be used?
- The Sea
Considerations at a glance
- Open loop systems can be cheaper to install than digging trenches if a water source is readily available
- Open loop systems can have higher efficiency than ground arrays due to a higher water source temperature.
- Filtration – Depending on the quality of the water source filtration may be needed along with additional maintenance of the filtration system.
- To operate an open loop system you will need a non-consumptive abstraction licence ( if the abstraction is greater than 20m3/d) – GSM ltd can carry out this application if required.
- Combined Heating and cooling options available
- Survey the property from site or plans to assess suitability
- Calculate the heat loss of your property
- Calculate the amount of water abstraction required
- Carry out preliminary geological survey to validate required water extraction
- Provide Quotation to customer for the complete installation
- Point Prognosis report if required by driller
- Complete installation
- Commission and Handover